The Collection, Use and Disclosure of Client Information
When clients do business with our company they share personal information so that we may provide them with products and services that best meet their needs. We ensure that consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner has been received. We require each client to read and sign our Privacy Statement and Consent Form and maintain a copy in the clients file.
We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with the client in a timely and efficient manner
- Assess a client’s application for investment, insurance or other services
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Analyze business results.
- Act as required or authorized by law
Breach of Privacy
If a privacy breach has been reported investigative steps must be taken as well as documented to ensure client privacy is at all times maintained. If it is found that privacy has been breached then steps must be taken to rectify the situation, as well as notifying the Insurance Carrier of any privacy breach involving information collected in the course of selling the Insurance Carrier’s product and serving the Insurance Carrier’s clients. Communication with the client throughout this process is required and working with the client to correct any breach is imperative. Dependent upon the reasons surrounding the breach, disciplinary action may be required.
Privacy in the Office
In order to insure that client information is secured in the office, all staff of our company will comply with the following:
- All filing cabinets containing client or personnel information are to be locked at all times.
- A “clean desk” policy is in effect. No client information will be left unattended on a staff member’s desk.
- All computers are to be password protected. All staff is to log off when computers are unattended. Passwords will be changed every three months.
- A locked shredder box is located on each floor and is to be used for all client information.
- A monitored alarm system is installed in the office and armed at the end of every day.
- Computers are run through a server which is kept locked.
- All offices containing computers/laptops are locked at the end of every day.
- Client and/or advisor information is not to be discussed outside of the office.
Audits will be performed monthly by the company Privacy Officer. All audits are signed by the Privacy Officer and kept on file for review by the Compliance officer.